My last post was about the Paris Marathon. Since then, I’ve been travelling a lot for work and also taking some time off for a holiday.

Photo by: May
About a year ago, I started working with a company I had previously worked with. They reached out to me for a short 3-month project, but the scope expanded, and so did my contract. Even though marketing isn’t my strongest area—despite having a master’s degree in it—I’ve been handling it as best as I can.
I was particularly busy preparing for a major event in Singapore in June. It was my first time managing such a large event with a 54 sqm booth, thousands of visitors, and hundreds of exhibitors. I wanted to make sure the company was well-represented and not embarrassed.
I’m proud of how I managed much of the work independently, with guidance from the client’s corporate MarComms team to ensure we followed their branding. Being able to make decisions on my own has been a great advantage and has helped me work more efficiently.
Additionally, I’m pleased that the company offered me a permanent position as my contract is coming to an end. Although I had to turn it down because it’s not the path I want to pursue, I’m glad my work was valued. I hope that once the new person joins, I’ll have some time to reflect and learn from this experience.
I’m looking forward to sharing more updates and hope that after my contract ends, I’ll be inspired to get back to blogging regularly after having taken a break since my last update.
May x
No comments:
Post a Comment