▼

Friday, January 3, 2025

New Year, New Chapters

Image created with Microsoft Designer 

It’s hard to believe we’ve already stepped into 2025. The past year feels like a bit of a blur—work was exhausting, something I really didn’t want to do, but I took it on to help out, and yes, I did get paid for it. I even signed up for a PhD program, though it’s currently on hold while I balance the responsibilities I’ve been managing. Travelling with my boyfriend was incredible—exploring new places and sharing those experiences together. I managed to do three runs throughout 2024—two full marathons and a half marathon. I’m hopeful I’ll get more opportunities to run this year. I also fell sick quite a bit and struggled to stay motivated with my workouts, which made the year feel like a mix of ups and downs.

As I sit with my morning coffee, I’m thinking about how much I want this year to be about slowing down—not to do less, but to approach things with more heart and focus on what really matters… starting with the people I love.

There’s so much I want to cherish this year: catching up with family, spending more time with my boyfriend, and finding joy in our everyday moments.

Our journey together hasn’t always been easy. There’s been grief, sacrifice, and many adjustments as we’ve tried to build a life that works for both of us. I know my boyfriend, after losing his wife and dedicating so much of himself to his children, has been carrying a heavy load. Sometimes, it feels like we’re worlds apart, but I want to change that. I want us to find more moments where we truly connect—where we’re not just going through the motions but actually living and enjoying each other’s company.

We’ve both made sacrifices along the way, and I don’t regret any of them. But I can’t help wishing for more—more shared moments, more laughter, and more things we can enjoy together. It’s tough when we don’t always have much in common beyond work, and that’s something I want to change. This year, I hope we can find new activities to do together—things that bring us closer and bring joy as a couple.

I’m not working anymore, and it’s given me time to reflect on what truly makes me happy. What I want most this year is to create a life where we both feel fulfilled—where we’re not just surviving but truly living together.

If you’re reading this, I hope the new year brings you good things too. Let’s make space for what truly matters.

May x

No comments:

Post a Comment