▼

Thursday, March 27, 2025

Virtual Meeting: A Moment of Hope and Inspiration

I had the pleasure of meeting Su, my sponsored child from Myanmar, last Saturday, and I still can’t believe I’ve only been sponsoring her for three months. I didn’t expect to meet her so soon (even if it was virtually), but I’m incredibly grateful for the chance to see her and hear her voice.

As with any first meeting, Su was quite shy at the beginning. But as we spoke, she gradually warmed up, and by the end, we were chatting comfortably. I was thrilled to learn that she loves mathematics and dreams of becoming a doctor one day. It fills me with hope knowing that she has such big aspirations for her future.

Learning that Su’s mother is a World Vision community volunteer made the meeting even more special. She couldn’t join us because of her work in another community, but it brought me so much comfort to know that Su not only benefits from sponsorship but also has a strong role model in her mother, whose dedication to the community is truly inspiring.

As for me, I’m not great at structured conversations, so I just talked about whatever came to mind—hobbies, food, sports—anything to keep our 30 minutes fun and engaging. Maybe Adrian (from World Vision Singapore), who was also part of the session, wondered why I was jumping between topics! But it didn’t matter because making a connection was what truly counted. At one point, I found myself at a loss for words because I was so excited to meet Su (there was a brief moment of silence).

Thankfully, the internet was stable, and we had a smooth conversation with no interruptions. A big thank you to the translator (whom I, unfortunately, forgot to ask for her name—silly me!) and to the World Vision teams in Singapore and Myanmar for making this possible.

Meeting Su was such a heartwarming experience, and I’m excited to watch her grow. ❤️

Image created with Microsoft Designer: Wish I had a real photo, but this one captures the feeling!❤️

May x

No comments:

Post a Comment