It’s been a while since I last raced. My last one was back in December. So, stepping into the Supersports 10 Mile Run 2025 felt like a good way to ease back into things. There was no pressure or expectations—just me showing up to run, and I’m glad I did.
The race kicked off at 3:30 a.m. While most of the city was still asleep, the traffic certainly wasn’t. We ran on shared lanes with cars and motorbikes zooming past, which was honestly a bit scary. Bangkok truly never sleeps. Volunteers did a great job managing the roads and placing cones to divide the lanes for runners, but we still had to stop three times to cross busy roads—the most frustrating one just about 100 metres from the finish line.
![]() |
| The face of no-pressure running. |
I'm grateful that it didn’t rain—running through Bangkok in a downpour at 3 a.m. would’ve been a different kind of challenge. Water stations were set up every 2km, which was a huge help in staying hydrated in the early morning humidity.
![]() |
| Finding joy in the miles. |
Now for the less glamorous part—no toilets. There were two mobile units along the route, but both were locked, and the only usable one was near the end, across the road, which meant I’d have to run through traffic to get to it, which I didn’t do. Running with a full bladder wasn’t ideal. Let’s just say that holding a full tank of pee for 10 miles was not part of the plan.
![]() |
| Trying to look chill—bladder says otherwise. |
Despite the challenges, I really enjoyed being part of this event. It reminded me how much I love the energy of race day, the shared spirit among runners, and the satisfaction of crossing the finish line—my net time was 1:58:13, and I’ll take that with a smile.
![]() |
| The smile says it all. |
I had prepaid for unlimited race photos from Thai.Run during the expo—THB790 instead of the usual THB890. The photographers were impressively quick; the photos were already up not long after the race. I’ve included some of my favourites throughout this post—worth every baht to relive the morning!
![]() |
| This face says: 10 miles, no toilet, still got it done. |
![]() |
| Proof that I survived 10 miles |
Big thanks to the organisers, volunteers, photographers, and everyone else who helped make it happen. My first race of the year is done and dusted.
What’s your strategy for staying hydrated and handling bathroom breaks during longer runs?
May x







No comments:
Post a Comment