Friday, September 20, 2024

I’ve Been Chosen, Again!

Exactly one year ago, I had the privilege of taking part in my first Chosen experience, and it’s been a journey I’ll never forget. Today, I’m incredibly honoured to be chosen by M, my fourth sponsored child through World Vision’s Chosen programme. This connection means so much to me, and I’m deeply grateful for the opportunity to walk alongside her on this journey.


Why did I choose to be Chosen?
Chosen is such a beautiful and empowering programme. It gives children the incredible power to make a choice—the choice of who will stand by them and support them. Instead of waiting to be chosen, they are in control of their futures, allowing them to decide who will walk with them. This small but powerful act gives them dignity and confidence in a world where they often feel powerless.

What makes this moment even more special is the story behind it. After visiting Mongolia and seeing life in Selenge firsthand, I became aware of the difficulties faced by children in different parts of the country. I heard about M’s Area Programme and the challenges she faces, and I felt an undeniable pull to act. When M selected me, it felt like fate—like it was meant to be.

To top it all off, M and I share the same initial and birthday month, which adds an even more meaningful layer to our connection. Sometimes, it’s the small details that remind us how everything is so perfectly aligned.

M, I’m so grateful for the opportunity to be part of your journey. It’s an honour to walk alongside you and support you in whatever way I can. I’m looking forward to seeing how our paths develop together.

To all who are reading this, have you ever imagined what it would feel like to be chosen by a child? It’s an incredibly meaningful experience that can truly change lives. If you haven’t had that chance yet, maybe it’s time to see if a child chooses you.

If you’re interested in learning more about the Chosen programme or how you can get involved, I encourage you to check out World Vision’s website. It’s a wonderful way to create a lasting impact on a child’s life.

May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts