![]() |
| Image generated by Microsoft Designer |
Last week, I finally attended my first session, so I thought—why not share the good news? On 15th January, I joined "From Risk to Resilience: Strengthening Your Organisation's Cybersecurity Posture." I've heard so much about cybersecurity before, but this session really broke things down in detail. One thing that stood out? If something goes wrong, the impact on an organisation can be huge—it's not just about data breaches but also financial loss, reputational damage, and operational disruption.
The speaker also covered Cyber Essentials and Cyber Trust, which gave me a better (though not in-depth) understanding of these frameworks. They shared real examples and cases, making it clear why cybersecurity isn't just an IT issue—it's a business priority.
Of course, my business is too small to implement these frameworks right now, but it’s still good to know what’s out there. And for organisations ready to strengthen their cybersecurity, there’s support available through the SG Cyber Safe Programme, which helps businesses at different stages of their cybersecurity journey. From guided cybersecurity health plans (with CSA-onboarded consultants to help close cyber hygiene gaps) to funding support, there are resources to help companies take the right steps toward stronger cyber resilience.
If you’re a DPO or a business looking to improve your cybersecurity and data protection practices, I highly recommend checking out PDPC’s free resources. Learning never stops, and knowledge is even better when shared!
Looking forward to more of these insightful sessions in the future!
Have you attended any of their webinars? I’d love to hear your thoughts!
May x

No comments:
Post a Comment