Goodness me, it’s already February. I don’t know about you, but I feel like the year just started, and here we are—already six days into Chinese New Year. Time flies, doesn’t it?
![]() |
| Photo by: May |
This past month has been a mix of moments that made me stop and think. For one, I went for a medical check-up—something I’ve been doing regularly ever since my mum passed away. Nothing too serious, but the doctor pointed out a few areas I need to pay closer attention to. Age is catching up, and let’s be real—it’s not like I can run away from it. So, this year, I’m committing to making small but important changes.
I’ve already been working out regularly—running, swimming, and hitting the gym—but I know I need to be more mindful of what I eat. I’ve been trying to make healthier choices, but there’s definitely room for improvement. Cutting down on alcohol, eating less fried food, adding more greens... you know the drill. It’s all about balance, I guess.
I’m not working at the moment, and it’s been a bit of an adjustment. After a hectic year, I’m taking things at a slower pace—focusing on the new house renovation, reading more, spending time with my boyfriend whenever he’s home, and, admittedly, getting a little too caught up in mobile games. Some days, I find myself thinking about my research, but other days, I just let myself enjoy the slower rhythm. It’s different from what I’m used to, but I’m embracing it for now.
With Chinese New Year in full swing, it almost feels like a second new beginning. Looking back at January, I realise it was a month of small but important reminders—like the fact that it’s never too late to refocus. The start of a new year isn’t just about grand resolutions; it’s about making meaningful changes you can actually stick with, even if they’re small. So, as we step into February, I’m keeping my goals simple: stay active, eat healthier, and take care of myself, one step at a time.
How’s your January been? If you’ve been thinking about making changes, big or small, here’s a gentle nudge to start. Your future self will thank you. 😊
May x

No comments:
Post a Comment