Every day, children in vulnerable communities wake up and begin a journey, not to school, not to play, but to collect water.
Nearly 6 kilometres.
That’s the average distance they walk just to fetch water that’s often dirty, contaminated, and dangerous.
And that’s the same distance I’m running — but for a very different reason.
This year, I’m participating in the World Vision Singapore Global 6K for Water, and I’ve set a personal goal:
š♀️ Run/Walk 600KM
š Raise SGD 1,200.00
Why? Because I believe every child deserves the chance to be healthy, to learn, and to simply be a child.
But this daily walk for water robs them of that chance. It steals their health as they fall ill from waterborne diseases. It disrupts their education because they’re too tired or miss school altogether. And it takes away their childhood, time that should be spent laughing, playing, and dreaming.
š§ Clean Water Changes Everything
It’s so easy to take clean water for granted — the simple act of turning on a tap, filling a glass, or taking a shower. However, for many children and families around the world, access to clean water remains out of reach.
The good news? We can help change that.
Just $60 can provide one child with sustainable access to clean water through World Vision's life-changing water projects. These include the installation of boreholes, water tanks, and piped water systems, bringing clean water closer to homes and schools.
This year, World Vision Singapore aims to reach 10,000 children across Asia and Africa — and I want to do my part to help achieve this goal.š Want to Learn More?
You can read more about the Global 6K for Water movement and how it’s changing lives by visiting:
There, you’ll find more inspiring stories, learn how the funds are used, and even register to take on the challenge yourself.
š How You Can Help
I’m inviting you to join me on this journey. You can:
✅ Donate to my campaign — any amount makes a difference
✅ Take on the Global 6K yourself — run, walk, or hike anytime, anywhere between 5 Sep and 20 Nov 2025
✅ Spread the word — share this cause with your friends, family, or community
Together, we can make every step count.
✨ Running with Purpose
Running has always been personal for me — a space to challenge myself and clear my mind. But now, it’s about something bigger.
With every kilometre I run, I’m thinking of the children who walk those same distances daily, not by choice, but by necessity.
- I’m running for them.
- I’m running for clean water.
- And I’m running because every child deserves that chance.
š Support my campaign here:
Thank you for reading — and for walking (or running!) alongside me on this mission.
May x
No comments:
Post a Comment