Monday, December 15, 2025

Up High, Doing the Hard and Dirty Work

Watching from my unit today, I couldn’t help but feel a mix of awe and gratitude.

Over 20 floors up, workers were on a gondola, blasting our building walls with high-pressure water to get ready for a fresh coat of paint. Our block is almost 40 storeys — and seeing them handle this “dirty job” so steadily, rain or shine, really hit me.


Most of them are foreign workers. It’s the kind of work nobody notices, nobody thanks them for, and honestly, it’s not considered glamorous or professional. But someone has to do it. And it matters.

I had a short chat with one of them — he’s been here for seven years and says he loves Penang. It reminded me that behind every wall we take for granted, in our building or anywhere else, there are people dedicating their sweat and courage.

Next time anyone looks up at a building or property, I hope they’ll think of these workers — and appreciate the work they do.

May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts