January has been interesting.
Not perfect. Not dramatic. Just real.
Instead of setting big 2026 resolutions — the kind I know I’ll forget or won’t realistically keep — I decided to focus on something smaller: 10 simple things for January.
Things like running more consistently, reading daily, writing honestly, practising boundaries, moving my body in different ways, and finishing the Hong Kong Marathon. Simple, right? Nothing that requires superpowers. Just small steps.
Now that January is coming to an end, I’ll be honest. Some of these I kept consistently. Some I’m still working on.
And some — like swimming — I’ve given myself permission to pause.
I’ve been travelling quite a bit, and somehow everywhere I go lately, the pool feels too cold. So for now, I’m listening to my body instead of forcing it.
I also returned to blogging — something I had started before, but never quite kept up with consistently. Along the way, I began journaling too, using it as a quieter space just for myself. It feels good to share these small moments — the little wins and the sparks that keep me going. Running, reading, writing… and yes, after 20 years, Pokémon somehow found its way back into my life 😄 Christine, I’m blaming you for this one.
Imagine a 44-year-old aunty standing by the side of the road catching Pokémon. Slightly ridiculous, yes. But I laughed. I smiled more. I enjoyed the moment — even laughing at myself. And that mattered.
January reminded me that I don’t need to do everything.
I just need to do a few things consistently and kindly.
Progress over perfection.
Small joys over big pressure.
That’s enough.
I’ll continue sharing little reflections, running thoughts, and whatever sparks my curiosity in the months to come. If any of this resonates, you’re welcome to follow along — here on the blog, or over on Instagram.
Did you set big resolutions this year, or are you trying something smaller too?
May x
No comments:
Post a Comment