Tuesday, January 6, 2026

Running the Cardiff Half 2026 for Tenovus Cancer Care

There’s a race I’ve been thinking about for years. Funny enough, I never even knew much about Cardiff until I started dating this guy from Wales.

Image from: Cardiff Half Marathon

A long time ago, I signed up for the Cardiff Half Marathon. Back then, it was simple, no ballot, just sign up and go. I was meant to run it… But work got in the way. I had to give up my place and sell the ticket. I remember feeling disappointed, but I told myself it was fine. Life happens.

Still, Cardiff stayed somewhere in the back of my mind.

Last year, I found out that the Cardiff Half is actually part of the SuperHalfs series. Suddenly, that race I once missed didn’t feel so small anymore. It felt unfinished — the kind of goal that quietly waits until you’re ready to come back to it.

When the ballot opened, I entered without thinking too much. — I didn’t get in.

Image from: Cardiff Half Marathon

I was disappointed, yes — but more than that, I realised how badly I wanted it. Not out of ego, not to prove anything, but because some goals matter simply because you never really walked away from them.

I spoke to my boyfriend about it. We talked about running for a charity instead — about doing this race for more than just a medal.

Together, we chose Tenovus Cancer Care.

Cancer has a way of touching lives quietly and deeply. Tenovus supports people through moments most of us hope we never have to face — offering care, guidance, and compassion when it’s needed most.

And so here I am.

I’ve now signed up to run the 2026 Cardiff Half Marathon as part of Team Tenovus Cancer Care. This time, I’m not just running for myself.

Running has always been where I go when my head feels full, and life feels heavy. It’s not always about pace or distance — sometimes it’s just about showing up and putting one foot in front of the other.

This race feels like that.
  • A second chance.
  • A quiet promise to myself.
  • And an opportunity to turn something I love into something that helps others.

Fundraising can feel awkward to talk about, but I also know how powerful small acts of kindness can be.

If you’re able to support, I’d be incredibly grateful. If not, sharing the page or sending an encouraging message already means a lot.

You can support my run here:

Every donation helps Tenovus Cancer Care continue supporting people and families when they need it most.

This October, when I’m running through Cardiff, I’ll be carrying more than tired legs. I’ll be carrying unfinished business, quiet determination, and the support of people who believe in this journey.

Thank you for being part of it — in whatever way you can.

May x



No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts