Monday, March 2, 2026

My Rafaela Star of the Show as a Roamer

This is my first time writing about gaming on my blog, and it feels a bit funny to admit that I’ve quietly been playing Mobile Legends: Bang Bang for almost two years. Not a full-time gamer, not an e-sports player — just someone who plays as long as I know I have a proper 20–25 minute slot to finish a match. When I first started, it was addictive, and I could play for hours. Now I limit myself to about three matches. If I lose the first game, I usually stop for the day. It helps me keep some balance.

I mostly play as a roamer, and recently, I finally got Star of the Show with Rafaela. It may sound small, but it meant a lot to me. I’m slowly building up my favourite heroes and collecting hero titles. Haha, at my age — the younger players would call me “aunty” already — but aunty also can play games ok πŸ˜† I used to play a lot of games when I was younger — DOTA, Counter-Strike, Age of Empires (you can roughly guess how old I am!) — now I just have to pace myself a bit more.

Anyone who plays roamer will understand. When teammates are killed, the roamer is often blamed first. People expect you to protect everyone every second of the game. But the job is usually invisible — giving vision, rotating lanes, protecting teammates, setting up fights. These things don’t always show in KDA, so newer players may not see the value. Experienced players do notice, though. Good map awareness, timing, and positioning can change the whole game. A good roamer makes the team look strong, even if nobody says anything.

Along the way, I met a few online friends who were patient with me. That helped a lot. After two years, I’m still learning, and I think that’s normal. Consistency matters. Quiet effort still counts.

My little roamer's rules now are simple. Don’t chase kills. Stay near the core when needed. My eyes are always stuck on the top-left corner, looking at the small map instead of the main screen because I’m scared to miss anything πŸ˜… And most importantly, keep calm (with rolled eyes πŸ˜’) when blamed — what can you do, we can’t see their faces behind the screen.

Things I’m still learning are better map awareness, better timing for my ult, and better positioning in team fights. Every match teaches something, even the messy ones.

A little “aunty showing off” here… got the chance, so why not! πŸ˜… I’m no video editor — I just download the replay, fast-forward the highlights, and upload to YouTube.


Learning slowly, just like my gameplay. Still, I’m happy to share this as a small personal reflection.

May xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts