Saturday, March 7, 2026

Rest Is Harder Than I Thought


Some days, doing nothing feels impossible. Even sitting still feels wrong.
I’ve always thought discipline was about doing more.
  • More miles.
  • More structure.
  • More consistency.
Now I can’t run. And I feel… off.

Walking or running usually keeps me steady. Gives my day shape. Clears my head. Without it, everything feels weird.

Rehab is slow.
Calf releases. Tiny strengthening moves. Slowing down stuff I usually rush through. Nothing feels like progress.
No sweat. No Garmin numbers. Just doing it.

I poke at the injury sometimes, just to see if it’s okay. Old habits die hard.
I know I need to back off before it actually hurts.

I keep checking, “Can I run now?”
“When do I get back to normal?”
I like plans. I like certainty. But recovery doesn’t care about that.

Anyway… I went for a swim because I can’t just sit around.
Played a bit of MLBB and scrolled for new Pokémon cards instead.

Maybe this is what rest really is — finding a way to keep moving, even when you can’t do what you usually do.

May xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts