April felt like a blur — the kind of month where everything was always moving and slowly blending into each other. Travel, work, small routines shifting, and quiet in-between moments that only made sense when I looked back.
It came and went the same way — without a clear beginning or end. A mix of celebration, movement, and slow pauses in between.
It started with my birthday month, and this year felt extra special. I had a surprise celebration planned by my boyfriend, together with my siblings, nieces, and nephew. It was one of those moments I genuinely didn’t see coming. Being surrounded by family made it feel simple, warm, and grounding in a way that stayed with me.
Not long after that, my boyfriend decided to drive back to Penang on a mini road trip. It felt like a slow transition between places — not rushed, just driving, stopping a few days in Bangkok and Hua Hin, and letting each place unfold naturally along the way.
After that, things shifted again when my boyfriend had to travel for work, visiting different offices and focusing on a company revamp. It started with a few days in Singapore, then we moved on to Europe, and eventually the US.
While most of his days were packed with work, I found myself in a slower rhythm. I stayed back, walked around familiar streets, and treated it like my own quiet version of a holiday. There wasn’t a fixed agenda — just walking, observing, and filling time in simple ways.
![]() |
| Dresden, along the Elbe River. Cities like this don’t ask for attention. They just let you slow down. |
I’ve recently learned to crochet and have become slightly addicted to it. It became something I did between travel and downtime, until I eventually ran out of materials and had to pause. Still, it was one of those small things that kept my hands busy and my mind steady.
Running, which I thought I would do more of, took a backseat because of my plantar issue. Instead, walking became my main form of movement. I ended up walking at least 5km most days. It also became the way I explored cities like Dresden and Milan, both beautiful in their own quiet, different ways.
![]() |
| Just taking it in - Duomo di Milano |
Work-wise, I’ve been slowly scaling down. I’m only attending weekly calls now based on client schedules, and I’m hoping to close this chapter soon. There’s a part of me that feels ready to step back completely and shift my focus to things that feel more aligned with where I want to be.
![]() |
| Lake Como from above. Some views don’t need much explaining |
I also noticed some of my daily habits shifting this month. Reading, which I’ve been trying to be more consistent with, took a backseat. On trains and during downtime, I found myself more drawn to gaming or crochet instead. It wasn’t planned, but it’s what naturally happened.
![]() |
| Somewhere between travel and downtime, this little whale came to life. |
With everything moving — travel, work, and time zones — even though we’ve been travelling together, most days have been shaped by his work schedule. It’s meant quieter days in between, with him focused on meetings and responsibilities, while I’ve been exploring or staying in. It’s been a different rhythm for us, and I’ve been hoping things ease up a little soon so there’s more space to just enjoy the trip together, and for him to have a bit more breathing room, too.
Looking back, April wasn’t defined by one big thing. It was a mix of celebration, travel, routine shifts, and slower personal adjustments. Not perfect, not linear, but real in its own way.
And maybe that’s enough.
May xx




No comments:
Post a Comment