▼

Thursday, May 7, 2026

When Running Stops Looking the Same

I haven’t really been sharing much about my runs lately. Not because I stopped moving… just because things have been a bit all over the place.

Running has always been a big part of my routine. But since December 2025, things started to change.

At first, it was manageable. I was still able to push through and even complete two full marathons during that period. Running didn’t feel perfect, but it was still possible.

After January, things started to shift. My plantar issue became more persistent, and my shin began to flare up, too.

There were days it felt like my body just wasn’t cooperating the way it used to.

Over time, my shin improved, which was a relief. But the plantar issue still comes and goes whenever it wants to.

So I made a decision I didn’t take lightly — I stopped forcing my runs.

Instead, I started showing up in different ways.

Walking.

Swimming.

Slowing down.

It wasn’t what I planned, but it became what I needed.

Life also continued in between all of this.

There was travel, long walks in new places, and a slower way of exploring the world. At first, it felt like I was “less active” than before.

But slowly, I started to realise something important — I was still moving. Just differently.

And surprisingly, I started to enjoy this slower pace more than I expected.


Seven days into May, I realised I’ve already walked almost 35km.

It’s not the same as logging running miles. It doesn’t look like marathon training.

But it still counts.
It still matters.
I’m still showing up.

I don’t know exactly when I’ll be back to running at full capacity.

But I do know I will return to it.

For now, I’m learning that consistency doesn’t always look like running.

Sometimes it looks like walking.

Sometimes it looks like resting.

Sometimes it looks like trusting the process, even when it doesn’t make sense.


Oh well,

This season has taught me that movement is not just about pace or distance.

It’s about showing up in whatever form your body allows you to.


One step at a time. Literally.

May xx

No comments:

Post a Comment