▼

Monday, August 3, 2026

Every Mile Has a Purpose | My Global 6K for Water Singapore 2026 Journey

Last year, I took part in Global 6K for Water Singapore for the first time.

I wasn't chasing a personal best or trying to run the furthest distance. I simply wanted to use something I already loved - running - to support a cause that has become close to my heart.

By the end of the challenge, I had covered 694.69 kilometres and raised S$1,840 through my fundraising page.

Looking back, those numbers aren't what I remember most.

What stays with me is the reminder that while I choose to run, many children across Asia and Africa don't have the same choice. Every day, they walk long distances just to collect water that may not even be safe to drink. That journey takes time away from school, affects their health, and limits opportunities that many of us take for granted.

That's why I'm signing up again.

From 4 August to 20 November 2026, every training run, morning walk, recovery session and long run for my upcoming races will also count towards my Global 6K for Water journey.

This year is a little different.

A few weeks ago, I started Project 100 - a personal commitment to rebuild consistency, one day at a time. It isn't about running every day or chasing perfect workouts. It's about showing up, listening to my body, and remembering that progress is built through small, consistent actions.

As it turns out, that's exactly what Global 6K for Water is about too.

I'm currently training for the Cardiff Half Marathon in October, followed a week later by the Chicago Marathon. As with every marathon journey, there will be good runs, difficult runs, recovery days, and moments when simply showing up is enough.

Instead of treating the Global 6K challenge as something extra, I'm choosing to give every kilometre I'm already running an extra purpose.

Every mile I train.

Every step I take.

Every finish line I cross.

They all become an opportunity to help bring clean water closer to children and their communities.

Together, we're helping bring clean water closer to 12,000 children across Asia and Africa. It's a reminder that while none of us can solve the challenge alone, every step we take and every act of generosity can become part of something much bigger.

Over the coming months, I'll be sharing my Project 100 journey alongside my Global 6K challenge - the highs, the setbacks, the races, the recovery days and everything in between. I hope it reminds us that consistency doesn't have to be perfect to make a difference.

If you've followed my running journey before, thank you for being part of it.

And if you'd like to support my Global 6K for Water fundraiser this year, I'd be truly grateful. Whether it's through a donation, sharing my fundraising page, or simply cheering me on, every bit of encouragement helps.

You can support my fundraiser here:
https://global6k.worldvision.org.sg/participant!P00238RA













Thank you for believing that every mile can have a purpose.

Running has given me so much over the years.

This is one way I can give something back.

Here's to another season of running with purpose.

Let's make every mile count.

May xx

No comments:

Post a Comment