Sometimes, living with someone long enough means they know you a little too well.
Apparently, I’m quite annoying.
At least, according to my boyfriend. π
To be fair, I don't think I'm that annoying.
I just like moving around the house. A lot.
Our house was originally built for a family of five, but these days there are only two of us living here.
Which means I've slowly, and somewhat unintentionally, claimed quite a few corners of the house.
My little sitting corners.
A spot for crocheting.
A spot for playing games.
And various other random places where I can sit, read, crochet, scroll, play something or simply exist for a while.
Basically, I don't really have one designated place.
I roam. π
My boyfriend, meanwhile, has somehow learned my patterns.
Most of the time, he knows exactly where I am.
If he needs me and can't see me, he'll just yell from his study.
And I'll yell back from wherever I've decided to settle myself.
It's actually a pretty efficient system.
No need to walk around the house looking for each other.
Apparently, My Silence Is Suspicious
But then something happened that made me realise just how well he knows me.
When the house was unusually quiet.
With me not responding to his call...and he couldn't find me...
And apparently, there was only one logical explanation.
"If you're quiet, I know you're in the toilet pooping. Because that's the only time you're so quiet."
...
What? Excuse me?! πππI wasn't sure whether I should be offended or impressed.
On the one hand, it's slightly insulting that my boyfriend has apparently identified my toilet habits as one of my most defining characteristics.
On the other hand…
He wasn't wrong. π
Apparently, after spending enough time together, you start learning all the tiny, ridiculous things about each other.
The sounds.
The routines.
The little habits.
Even the places your partner disappears to when the house suddenly goes quiet.
I think that's one of the funny things about long-term relationships.
It's not always the big romantic moments that make you feel close to someone.
Sometimes it's the completely ordinary stuff.
Knowing which corner of the house they'll probably be sitting in.
Knowing what they're probably doing when they're unusually quiet.
Knowing their little routines without them having to explain anything.
And, apparently, knowing exactly when they're in the bathroom.π€¦π»♀️π
I thought I was being mysterious.
Apparently, I'm just predictable.
And perhaps a little annoying.
But that's couple life, I suppose.
You learn each other's quirks, you tease each other about them, and somehow those silly little moments become some of your favourite memories.
I originally shared this little episode on Instagram because, honestly, I thought it was too ridiculous not to.
What started as a random conversation about how my boyfriend somehow always knows where I am turned into an entire story about my suspiciously quiet toilet habits.
Naturally, I had to turn it into a carousel. π
If you came here from that post, thank you for indulging me in this completely unnecessary piece of our everyday life.
And if you haven't seen it yet, you can find the original post over on my Instagram, @justmemay.
Because apparently, I've reached the stage of life where even my toilet habits can become content.
You're welcome. π€
Well, do you have a funny little habit that your partner or family knows you for?
I'd love to know I'm not the only one who has become completely predictable to the people I live with. π
May xx






No comments:
Post a Comment