Monday, September 21, 2026

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026.

But sometimes, life has other plans.

Why am I changing my plans?

I recently had surgery to remove multiple fibroids. They had grown and were causing enough problems that, after discussing things with my doctor, we decided it was better to deal with them now rather than keep putting it off.

Honestly, I had hoped to get through my races first and sort everything out afterwards.

But surgery obviously changed things.

And I realised I don’t want to rush my recovery just to make a race happen.

So… What Happened to My 2026 Races?

I’ve decided to step away from my remaining 2026 races.

My calendar now looks a little different:
Oh well… there goes my nicely planned race calendar. 🫠

Of course I’m disappointed. I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t. 🥲

I had plans for these races, and it’s hard to just let them go.

But it wasn’t exactly how I imagined my running year would go, and I’m okay with changing the plan.

For now, I’d rather take care of myself, recover properly and choose quality of life.

Running will still be there when I’m ready.

There will be other races, other starting lines and other goals.

For now, it’s just one step at a time. 🐌🤍

May xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts