Sunday, September 17, 2023

A Journey of Hope and Impact

Achieving my CPT certification is a significant milestone, a testament to the countless hours of study and unwavering dedication I poured into this endeavour. It signifies my commitment to helping others lead healthier lives. However, as I held that certification in my hands, I couldn’t help but wonder, “What’s next?”

While I’m brimming with brilliant ideas about the positive impact I want to make in the fitness world, I find myself standing at the crossroads of uncertainty. I’m currently living in a new country, far from the familiar surroundings and friends I once had. It’s just my partner and me on this adventure, holding onto the dreams and hoping for stability.

I’ve been diligently attending PT classes and immersing myself in my studies, absorbing as much knowledge as possible. But as any aspiring professional knows, the real world can vastly differ from textbooks and theories. It’s common to feel like a small fish in a big pond, especially when starting anew in an unfamiliar place.

Nevertheless, I firmly believe that dreams are worth pursuing, even when the path ahead appears unclear. I hold onto my vision of making a positive impact on people’s lives through fitness and personal training. With dedication, perseverance, and the right opportunities, I am confident I can turn these dreams into reality.

As I continue charting my course in this new chapter, I’m also exploring avenues to give back to the community. While I wait for the perfect opportunity to launch my fitness initiatives, I’ve embarked on a journey of charity work—a passion that had long remained dormant.

My demanding work schedule in the past had consumed much of my time, leaving little room for thoughts of giving back. While I had contributed to UNICEF Malaysia, I often wondered about the tangible impact of my contributions. Then, a memory resurfaced—there was a time when I donated to a charity organisation through a running friend several years ago.

I decided to trace back to the charity organisation I had contributed to, and it marked the beginning of my journey as a child sponsor. I took the step to sponsor several children, and it’s been an incredible honour. Through this journey, I’ve had the privilege to connect with these remarkable young children. We’ve exchanged heartfelt letters and shared experiences, and in doing so, I’ve witnessed firsthand the profoundly positive impact the contributions have on their lives.

In my next post, I’ll share more about this heartfelt journey into child sponsorship and the immense joy it brings me to make a meaningful difference.

Photo by: May

Thank you for being a part of my journey.

May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts