Life is a journey filled with lessons, some learned through joyous moments and others through challenging experiences. As we navigate the twists and turns of life, we often stumble upon profound insights that shape our perspectives and priorities. The lesson I wish I had grasped earlier is the unselfish power of gratitude. This became clear to me during the passing of my beloved mother.
Growing up, like many young children, I often took the love and sacrifices of my mother for granted. I was oblivious to my mother's countless hours working tirelessly to provide for our family. She cooked, cleaned, worked, acted as our chauffeur for all our school activities, and did everything she could to ensure our needs were met and our dreams were supported. But in my youthful ignorance, I failed to appreciate her efforts.
One of the most profound lessons I learned from my mother's passing is the importance of expressing gratitude for the people and blessings we have in our lives while we still have the chance. It's easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of daily life, but taking a moment to express gratitude can make a world of difference in our relationships and overall well-being.
My mother was always there for us, putting our needs above her own. She led a simple life, constantly striving to make ends meet and provide for her four children. While she seemed to find some enjoyment in her work, I believe it wasn't necessarily her dream job. She remained in the same job for over 30 years, prioritising stability and a guaranteed retirement fund over pursuing her aspirations.
She carried her burdens silently. Despite her challenges, her acts of generosity and compassion made a difference in the lives of those around her. This taught me that kindness is a powerful force that can bring positivity and happiness.
I deeply regret not learning the lesson of appreciation earlier in life, before her passing. However, her legacy lives on through the profound wisdom she imparted through her sacrifices. Today, I honour her memory by expressing gratitude, finding balance in my life, embracing simplicity, and spreading kindness wherever I go.
May x

No comments:
Post a Comment