Finally sharing my long overdue post! I completed my first half-marathon in ages. 😅 While I've tackled a few full marathons before, the full vs the half marathon is a whole new ball game. The strategy, energy levels, and the entire experience differed significantly.

A huge shoutout to the BOSCH Charity Run 2023. Completing the BOSCH Charity Run 2023 in Sattahip, Thailand, on its 100th Anniversary became more than just a race—it was a celebration of health, sustainability, and personal achievement.
This event tested my running prowess and contributed to a noble cause. I was particularly impressed by BOSCH's commitment to health, environmental sustainability, and their ingenious use of recycled PET plastic bottles for our race shirts and medals.

Photo by: May
Admittedly, I didn't check the race route beforehand, and the unexpected elevation proved to be a formidable challenge. However, the breathtaking views along the way made the uphill battle entirely worthwhile. I tackled the hills like a champ and was rewarded with the privilege of running through the Ramayana Water Park for free—an unexpected treat!

Source from: BOSCH Charity Run 2023
I finished strong with a time of 2:13:58, surprising even myself, given the challenging elevation. Landing in the 9th place in the women's category was an unexpected bonus, though no podium moment. However, the cherry on top was securing one of the exclusive 100th-anniversary pillows—a quirky and cherished memento.
I was amazed to see so many food stalls on race day. Though I was too exhausted to indulge, I did manage to grab all the drinks while waiting for the crowd to thin out, making it easier to get a Grab home.

A massive shoutout to the incredible photographers who tirelessly captured every moment of the race. Their enthusiasm and dedication to getting shots of all the runners made the event even more memorable for me. I'm grateful for every snap the photographers took—I loved every single one!
With this, I am looking forward to more runs in the coming year, preparing myself for the hope that each race will bring a new opportunity to do even better.
May x
No comments:
Post a Comment