Friday, November 17, 2023

My Walk and Embracing the Heat

 

Photo by: May

I want to share my recent journey walking back home from the BTS station in the busy city of Bangkok. Living here means dealing with a mix of sweltering heat and rain, but rain or shine, I stick to my routine of walking home.

Bangkok has this unique way of making you feel like you're walking on the sun's surface! The sun was blazing high this week, casting its heat all around. A 1.6 km walk might be easy, but it's definitely a challenge with this intense heat.

As I walked along my usual route, I noticed my own shadow tagging along. Capturing that fleeting shadow in bright sunlight is usually a challenge, but today was different. I found the perfect shot – my shadow walking beside me on the hot pavement. The sun was intense, creating a beautiful play of brightness and shadow. I couldn't resist capturing the moment, even though there were probably many people on the street staring at me.

Living in Bangkok has its challenges, and the weather is one of them. I've learned to embrace it all.

It's funny how the simplest things can turn into a bit of an adventure – unexpected moments, simple joys, and the shadows that accompany us on our everyday journeys. The next time you find yourself walking under the scorching sun, take a moment to look down and appreciate the beauty in your own shadow. You might just discover something amazing right at your feet.

Until next time, keep walking and keep discovering!

May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts