Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Reflecting on 2023 and Embracing Transformation in 2024

 

Photo by: May

I know this post is late, but I will share my reflections anyway. 😊

As I sit down to contemplate the year that has just bid us farewell, my heart overflows with gratitude for the rich tapestry of experiences that shaped my 2023. The highs and lows, unexpected twists, and moments of sheer joy have etched an indelible mark on my heart.

In 2023, my heart found fulfilment in sponsoring more children and visiting them in different corners of the world. Witnessing the impact of these simple acts of kindness was humbling and profoundly rewarding. However, the year also presented challenges. Battling through my first encounter with COVID-19 reminded me of the fragility of health.

As the calendar flips to 2024, a renewed sense of purpose propels me forward. Learning from the past, I am determined to live healthier, reignite my passion for marathon running, and strive towards a lofty goal – completing an Ironman before I turn 50, a challenge I eagerly embrace at the age of 43.

My focus for 2024 extends beyond personal milestones. I aspire to inspire those around me to adopt healthier lifestyles. I hope to create a community dedicated to fitness and well-being through training updates, motivational stories, and encouraging words.

In the spirit of giving, I plan to initiate a fundraising effort. While the cause remains undecided, the goal is clear—making a positive impact. Additionally, visits to my sponsor child in various locations will continue, fostering the connections forged in 2023.

Looking ahead, the dream of completing all 6 major marathons takes shape. The plan is to achieve this milestone before reaching the age of 50. As the journey unfolds, it becomes not just a pursuit of medals but a celebration of resilience, perseverance, and the joy found in every step.

Join me on this expedition of self-discovery, resilience, and pursuing a healthier, more fulfilling life. Let's make 2024 a year of positive transformation—one step at a time.

May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts