Monday, August 12, 2024

Overcoming fitness setbacks and getting back on track

Sometimes life throws us curveballs😭. For me, this happened in June, a week after the big event. I fell ill and struggled to recover, especially with all the travelling. This made it hard to get back to my fitness routine. Even simple tasks like walking up the stairs felt challenging. Hence, missing the Gold Coast Marathon wasn't that bad.


Image created with Microsoft Designer 

So, after about 6 weeks off, returning to my fitness routine was more challenging than I expected. I didn’t feel motivated to start running or doing intense workouts. The most I could manage was walking.

Restarting a fitness routine after a break was difficult, but I’ve learned that patience and consistency are crucial. It’s important to listen to my body and set realistic goals. Small steps, like daily walks, gradually build my stamina and confidence 🙄.

Taking things slow and combining it with my reading routine has made getting back into fitness slightly easier. If you face a similar setback, remember that progress doesn’t always mean pushing hard; sometimes, it’s about making steady, manageable steps.

May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts