Monday, July 29, 2024

How a New Habit Improved My Quality of Life

Finding habits that genuinely improve our quality of life can be challenging, especially with the busy responsibilities of daily working life. One habit that I have found to make a significant difference is reading.

Image created with Microsoft Designer

Over the past few months, my life has been hectic. Despite my best intentions, carving out time for reading often felt like a luxury I could not afford. However, I have discovered that even brief moments spent with a good book can offer substantial benefits.

I have always had an interest in non-fiction, romantic comedies, and mysteries. Recently, I have broadened my reading interests to include science fiction, fantasy, and philosophical fiction. Each genre offers a unique perspective and provides a refreshing break from my daily routine.

Undeniably, I have faced challenges with this new habit. Finding time to read consistently has been difficult, and I have struggled with patience when a book does not immediately captivate me. I have had a few books that ended up as "DNF," as I sometimes find it hard to push through if the book is not engaging.

However, I have learned that flexibility is key to making reading a regular habit. Even if I cannot read every day, I make an effort to pick up a book whenever I can. Whether it is a few pages before bed or during a short break, these small moments of reading contribute to a greater sense of relaxation and mental improvement.

Incorporating reading into my routine, even sporadically, has enhanced my quality of life. It offers a mental escape, fosters creativity, and provides a chance to unwind from the daily grind. I hope to continue making reading a more regular part of my day and encourage others to explore this habit as well. Sometimes, small changes can lead to the most significant improvements in our lives.

May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts