Thursday, April 17, 2025

KLSCM 2025 Is Here

The Kuala Lumpur Standard Chartered Marathon (KLSCM) is back this year with exciting updates. For the first time ever, the race will finish at the Stadium Merdeka, a dream come true for many runners. Due to ongoing upgrades at Dataran Merdeka, the start line will be relocated to the city centre (exact location to be confirmed).

I’m grateful to be eligible for priority registration again this year. I had signed up in 2024 but couldn’t run due to an ankle injury after a fall in Mongolia — it was a real disappointment.

KLSCM holds a special place in my running journey — it’s where I achieved my personal best for the full marathon. I love the experience of running through Kuala Lumpur, with its energy, the crowd, and the shared sense of purpose among fellow runners. The atmosphere is always lively, and it reminds me why I love joining big races like this.

Throwback to KLSCM 2023

Here’s what you need to know about KLSCM2025:
Race Dates:
Saturday, 4 October 2025:
  • Pantai KL 10km: 6:00 am
  • 5km Fun Run: 7:45 am
  • Kids Dash: 10:00 am
Sunday, 5 October 2025:
  • Full Marathon: 3:30 am
  • ASICS Half Marathon: 4:45 am
Registration Info:
  • Priority Registration: 17–21 April 2025
  • Public Registration: 22 April – 31 July 2025 (or until sold out)
  • Run for a Reason (RFAR) & Corporate Challenge: 17 April – 31 July 2025 (or until sold out)
And with a brand new route this year, I’m curious to see how it feels — who knows, maybe the fresh route will bring a pleasant surprise! I’m excited to experience the course and enjoy returning to KLSCM.

Looking forward to making a strong comeback this year and experiencing the new finish at Stadium Merdeka.

📍 For more info or to register, head to the official KLSCM website: www.kl-marathon.com

May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts