I won’t sugarcoat this. I’ve been slacking on my workouts, and now my body’s paying the price.
I noticed it after last week’s run. Actually, no—I lied. It’s been a while. This didn’t happen suddenly. It crept up slowly, skipping a workout here, cutting a run short there, convincing myself that a walk or an occasional PT session would balance it all out. I thought I was doing “enough” to maintain things, but the truth is, I wasn’t paying attention.
And then the signs started showing. My clothes, the ones that used to make me feel good, stopped fitting the way they used to. I noticed it first when I pulled on an old dress, and it felt tighter than I remembered, with my belly hanging out. Then came the feeling when I was running, the uncomfortable bounce and that little voice in my head asking, "How did I get here?"
It’s tough to admit, but I let it slide. I’m the one who got myself into this situation.
But here’s the thing: I don’t want to stay stuck. I’m not chasing perfection or some unrealistic ideal. I just want to feel like me again — the version of myself who moves with energy, feels strong, and is comfortable in her own skin. I'm 44 this year.
So now, I’m trying to find my way back.. one run at a time, one small choice at a time. It’s not glamorous, it’s not instant, and honestly, it’s humbling. But it’s necessary.
If you’ve ever felt this way, too, lost your rhythm, lost motivation, or felt like you’ve drifted... how did you get yourself back? What helped you regain your momentum? I’d love to hear your thoughts, tips, or even just your story.
Progress is progress, no matter how small the step.
May x

No comments:
Post a Comment