Tuesday, May 27, 2025

Moving, Even When It’s Hard

After being knocked out sick for the past few days, I had absolutely zero energy to do anything. Even lifting a finger felt heavy. I’ve been sluggish, just lying around binge-watching Netflix. Yesterday, I still had an excuse because of all the rain, but today… Well, I watched five episodes of a K-drama, downed three cups of coffee, and ate the leftover food from the fridge.

I felt like I was melting into the couch while my mind was itching to restart my fitness journey.


It’s a strange feeling. In my head, I wanted to do so many things, but my body simply wouldn’t cooperate.

Still, I guess my stubborn mind won out today. It’s a small victory, but it matters.

My body had no energy, honestly — I was half-hoping the rain wouldn’t stop so I’d have a reason to stay put. But when the rain cleared, I told myself: just walk out the door. There's no need to push. Just try. My chest still feels hollow from this cough, so I didn’t aim for anything big. I started with a 1 km walk, then ran 3 km. By the end of that third kilometre, I felt like I was about to pass out, so I cooled down with another 1 km walk.


It was getting dark anyway. It was muddy and there were dogs around, so I headed home and did a few easy dumbbell reps. Nothing fancy, nothing intense — just doing my best.

And you know what? I’m happy I got out there. The beach was lovely. The breeze helped. I’m learning to listen to my body and simply do what I can. Trying, little by little, to feel a bit more like myself again.


Anyway, that’s my little update today. Anyone else out there pushing through the blah days? Drop me a comment or DM — I’m curious how you deal with days when your body and mind aren’t quite in sync.

May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts