Saturday, May 3, 2025

The Joy of Giving Something Handmade

Little pieces of love, ready to travel across the miles. #Handmade bookmarks and birthday cards for my sponsored children. 💛

This year, I’m sending my sponsored children handmade bookmarks along with birthday cards. They may be small, but each one is made with a lot of love and thought.

With birthdays spread out throughout the year, I make time to prepare these little gifts because they’re my way of showing how much I care. Even though the gifts are simple, I hope they bring a smile and let them know they are thought of, remembered, and celebrated.

Making these bookmarks has become a special part of my routine. It’s not something rushed or done out of obligation. It’s something I genuinely look forward to. Sitting down with some quiet time, choosing the colours, thinking about each child as I craft their bookmark, these small moments fill me with a sense of connection, even across the distance.

Each time I put a card and bookmark together, I’m reminded of how precious they are and how grateful I am to be part of their lives, even in this small way. Being able to support and encourage them, even from afar, is something I never take for granted.

It may not be anything grand or expensive, but it’s meaningful, not just to them, I hope, but also to me. These little gifts are my way of sending love, encouragement, and a small reminder that someone out there is cheering them on.

If you’ve ever thought about creating something handmade for someone you care about, I really encourage you to give it a try. Sometimes the simplest gestures can mean more than we realise.

Thanks for reading. If you have any simple gift ideas you love to share with others, I’d love to hear them too.

May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts