Saturday, March 21, 2026

How I Organise My Pokémon Card Collection (Beginner Collector)

I finally sorted all my Pokémon cards and organised my Pokémon card collection into binders.

As a beginner Pokémon card collector, I’ve been learning how to organise my Pokémon card collection, sort bulk cards, and build my own binder system.

I didn’t expect to get back into collecting Pokémon cards after more than 20 years, but here I am — slowly building a collection again, one card at a time.

I started with just two black binders — a small one for my 20+ year-old vintage collection, and another for the cards I got from CG. That was how everything began.
From two binders to this… it escalated quickly
Then I started learning more, bought some bulk cards, and slowly grew the collection. Now… it has expanded quite a bit, and I’ve added a few more binders along the way.

From the bulk cards, I managed to get a lot of new additions. Of course, there are duplicates (which I keep separately, not in binders), but I still enjoyed going through everything. Along the way, I realised I was getting close to completing one series — Scarlet & Violet (SVI English). That got me thinking… maybe I can try completing a master set. So I’ve dedicated a blue binder to that.

The rest of the cards are sorted into a few separate binders — mostly randoms, but still part of the collection.

As I learn more about Pokémon, I’m starting to notice the types and designs I really like. So I created a “favourites” binder — the purple one. Any card from the other binders (except the SVI set) that makes it into the purple binder… means I really like it 😆

Slugma and Magcargo...slowly became favourites.

A bit random, but that’s the fun of it.

Helioptile and Heliolisk. Somehow, these caught my attention first.
Right now, some of my favourites include Slugma, Magcargo, Helioptile, Heliolisk, Slakoth, Yungoos, Gumshoos, Mimikyu, Dipplin, Flapple, Hydrapple, Eiscue, Eevee, and Espeon.

It’s still a mix of random favourites, and I think that’s what makes it fun. I’m still learning, still exploring, and slowly figuring out what I really want to collect.

I think that’s enough for now…
But knowing myself, this is how it always starts 😅

This is part of my Pokémon collecting journey — I’ll share more as I continue building my collection.

May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts