Wednesday, March 11, 2026

Starting Pokémon Card Collecting Again After 20 Years

I never thought I’d be back into Pokémon. After all, it had been years since I last touched a card or knew the newest Pokémon.

It all started when CG gave me some Pokémon cards during my last trip to Singapore. Seeing them again brought back so many childhood memories.

Cute Pokémon cards in my binder, including the ones CG gave me that started this journey.

More Pokémon cards in my binder from CG.

Earlier this year, in January, I wrote a short post about how Pokémon came back into my life. If you want to read that story, you can find it here: When Pokémon Came Back Into My Life.

Recently, I decided to start collecting Pokémon cards again. Nothing serious — just buying cards I think are cute and keeping them in a binder.

My Pokémon binder and some cards I bought from Shopee

My first daring purchase of Pokémon cards from Shopee

For now, I’m not studying prices or rare cards. No spreadsheets, no checking price history, and no real strategy. I’m not collecting to chase rare cards or make money. I simply enjoy choosing cards I like and arranging them in my binder, seeing the old and new cards side by side.

CG also mentioned something interesting when we were talking about Pokémon cards. Sometimes it actually makes more sense to buy single cards instead of opening packs. So for now, I’m just picking up a few singles from Shopee whenever I see cards with artwork that I like.

It reminds me a little of childhood, and honestly, it just makes me happy.

I bought a simple binder from Shopee to store my cards. Nothing fancy, but it feels surprisingly satisfying flipping through the pages after a long day.

Maybe one day I’ll learn more about the collecting side of the hobby. But for now, I’m happy just collecting cards that make me smile.

Sometimes, that’s more than enough.

May xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts