I was inactive for the past three days.
I travelled to Singapore for a medical check-up and only returned to Thailand yesterday. Between the flights and the appointments, running didn’t happen.
Today I thought about going for a run again. But when I paid attention to my body, both my legs still didn’t feel quite right. Not painful. Just… not normal.
So instead of forcing a run, I decided to go for a walk.
For runners, walking can feel strangely slow. When you’re used to running, everything normally passes by quickly — the trees, the houses, the people, even the distance.
But when you walk, the pace changes. You notice things you usually miss.
The quiet of the evening.
The sound of the waves.
The sun slowly setting and the sky changing colour.
![]() |
| A slower pace, but still a beautiful evening. |
When you run, your focus is often on pace, distance, or finishing the route.
When you walk, there’s no pressure to keep moving fast.
Today’s walk reminded me that slowing down isn’t always a bad thing. Sometimes the body just needs a bit more time to settle.
I’m still frustrated that I can’t run properly yet. But at least I’m still able to move.
And for today, walking is good enough.
May xx

No comments:
Post a Comment