Thursday, July 16, 2026

A little reminder to myself

Not everyone was raised the same way I was.

People carry different values, different manners, and different levels of self-awareness. That's simply part of life—and not something I can control.

What I can control is how I respond.
I'll choose patience whenever I can. I'll choose kindness where it's deserved. But kindness should never be mistaken for weakness, and patience should never be seen as permission to disrespect me.
Protecting my peace doesn't mean I've become cold. It means I've learned that healthy boundaries are a form of self-respect.

Sometimes, the kindest thing you can do—for yourself and for others—is to know where those boundaries begin.

Maybe the lesson isn't to expect better from everyone. Maybe it's to stop expecting everyone to be like us.

May we all have the wisdom to choose kindness, the courage to set boundaries, and the peace to walk away when they're not respected.


May xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts