Wednesday, February 4, 2026

What I’m Bringing Into February

Life feels a little unsteady sometimes. Even though I technically have two homes in two different countries, it often feels like I’m constantly travelling — staying for a few weeks or a month at a time, depending on my partner’s work. My work is flexible, which helps, but it’s never fully fixed; it always depends on what comes in and where I am. Some days it feels liberating. Some days it feels exhausting. Still, I’m learning to notice the little things that help me stay balanced wherever I am.

Some days feel heavier than others. When I don’t have a fixed routine, when life moves around me, it’s easy to feel untethered.


After setting myself 10 things to do in January, I know don’t need to do everything at once. Just small steps — promises I can actually keep — and that has helped me feel steadier and happier. I just need to do a few things consistently and kindly to keep the joy I’ve found. 

And of course, it’s not always just about me — I have my partner with me in all of this.

Here are some small ways I’ve been taking care of myself recently:
  • I haven’t gone for a proper run since the HK marathon — my plantar is giving me a mood. Most days, walking is all I can manage, and that’s okay.
  • I’m proud of myself for reading consistently again, even if it’s just a few pages a day. Those small moments of focus feel surprisingly fulfilling.
  • I’ve also started a little messy journaling — dropping my thoughts, memories, and things I want to remember. I’m still learning. I see so many cute, perfectly curated journals online, but I’m not copying anyone. I’m doing it my way.
  • I’m paying attention to tiny sparks of joy — a good cup of coffee, a simple smile, quiet moments that make me feel alive.
These aren’t life-changing moments. But they remind me that even when life feels unpredictable, I can still keep my balance and enjoy the small wins.

I’m trying to pay attention, be consistent, and let these small wins matter.

This week, I’m back in Thailand — in Bangkok for a few days before travelling again. I’m looking forward to exploring a new country, one I’m genuinely excited about.

For now, this is what February looks like — slower, simpler, and enough.

May x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Most recent post

Changing My 2026 Running Plans After Surgery

I had quite a few races planned for 2026. But sometimes, life has other plans. Why am I changing my plans? I recently had surgery to remove ...

Popular posts